The shame.....

32 Posts
27 Users
0 Likes
(@simonsays)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I feel so embarrassed :oops:
My neighbours have just knocked on my front door to complain (In the nicest possible way) about the volume of my guitar playing. I just hadnt realised the time and the rest of my family were out. Half past ten in the evening is probably too late to be hammering out 'Wonderwall' on my 12 string acoustic :shock: Even strummed lightly it is reasonably loud, get carried away and really start to hit the strings and you just cant ignore it.

At least they recognised the song :roll:

Cheers,
Simon

There are too many songs that have an 'F' chord in them.

(@97reb)
Noble Member

Great job! I had a neighbour several years ago bang on my door and ask me to turn down my stereo. Which was a compliment to me, like she was hearing a band playing music.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@bluezoldy)
Reputable Member

The govt has just brought in a new law here which bans all noise after 10pm.

The increasing police state of modern life ...

♪♫ Ron ♪♫

http://www.myspace.com/bluemountainsblues

ReplyQuote
(@wrkngclsshero)
Trusted Member

At least you were polite enough to stop (I'm assuming you were :) )

"A working class hero is something to be..." -J. Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@ksac32)
Reputable Member

at least they were nice about it- :D

http://www.soundclick.com/kensacco
http://www.soundclick.com/thetools

ReplyQuote
(@musica23)
Reputable Member

simonsays wrote:
At least they recognised the song :roll:

What? They don't like Oasis???

:D :D :D :D :D

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote
(@mac-manc-mcmanx)
Estimable Member

Half past ten in the evening is probably too late to be hammering out 'Wonderwall' on my 12 string acoustic :shock:
*gulp*
I was playing wonderwall at 1 in the night yesterday. :oops:
Usually i use headphones with my electric but have been playing acoustic of late. Long work hours mean i either play at late in the night or not play at all. In my defence my neighbors (bunch of college kids) were having a halloween party yesterday night. So they aren't exactly the quietest cats around. :lol:

When you wanna rock hard children, lean on F sharp

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I've had the police knock on my door because I was supposedly playing my guitar too loud although I know it wasn't, plus it was 2:00 PM on a Sunday afternoon and there was plenty of other noise going on at the time. Whoever called them didn't have the you know what's to tell me so they called the police.

That was when I was living in an apartment complex. I've been jamming with a bunch of friends on Friday nights at my house and we do play loud but no one has complained yet although one of the neighbors a couple houses down said he heard us playing AC/DC at 2:00 AM. Oooops..Actually that wasn't true because we've never played past 1:00 AM!!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

I got away with playing "Immigrant Song" at almost midnight once, but got some grief from the next-doors for having a go at "March of the Black Queen" at 9 o/c when I was a teenager. And there was the guy at the bottom of the garden who came round to tell us he was moving but said the guitar was so loud nobody heard him ring the bell. Ah, well. Nobody's complained since, but I do switch to headphones after 11 o/c at night these days.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

I've had the occasional 2am and 3am banging-on-the-wall incidents. I usually stop playing once this happens but, to be fair, I have neighbours who mow their lawns/engage in noisy picture haning/etc at 7 or 8am, even on Sundays :twisted: , so I feel like my late night playing is counteracted by their early morning noise-making.

Then there was the time when I was drunk and cooking for some friends with Beethoven's 5th playing pretty loud on the stereo. My neighbour knocked to complain, and I answered the door with a huge kitchen knife in my hand (I had just run through from the kitchen, it wasn't an intentional scare-tactic, lol). After that, I found the neighbours stopped coming round to complain. :wink:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

The govt has just brought in a new law here which bans all noise after 10pm.

The increasing police state of modern life ...

Either I'm getting old, or "The Government" is for once showing signs of sanity! If I want to play late at night - and I'm usually up till about 4am - it's either unplugged electric or headphones for me. That's just common courtesy!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I've had'em call ... had e'm call the cops too ... but that was at my old place. 11 years in my house and my neighbors tell me they wish they could hear it. :lol: I live in a very rural area.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Hey, way to go for getting the cops called on you with an acoustic! Usually that requires amplification. :lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

ROCK ON MAN!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

You'll have to learn Livin' after Midnight :evil: :lol:

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote