Clear all

The "Splattercaster" Strat Has Arrived - Pics

20 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Welp, I got the Splattercaster just now. Not had a chance to play it yet (I'm on lunch) but I did take a few quick pictures to share with everyone. So, here they are:

Can't wait to give her a working out tonight after work! Misty works late tonight too, so this baby will get ran through the Deluxe Reverb at a nice volume. :twisted:

Thanks again Mike for a smooth transaction and I hope you like your new Tele.

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

(@the-dali)
Noble Member

I have to admit that this guitar has the nicest array of color of any Splattercaster I've seen. Enjoy!

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

interesting tremelo. Floyd Rose?

and if I wiggler my mouse I see trails...
cool guitar. enjoy.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I was trying to figure out what the base color is, and I guess it started out orange?

This is the first guitar I've had with a temelo, so I know very, very little about them. So I honestly can't say what it is. Maybe Mike can answer that? I look foward to seeing what they are like. I know some people swear by them, while others prefer hardtails.

I'll play it tonight and give my initial thoughts.

Jason

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Hey Jason,

Hope that Splattercaster sounds as good as it looks! :wink: I remember watching a show, (or was it a video on-line?), of the Fender plant in Mexico, and how they made the Splattercasters. Pretty cool. 8) Enjoy your new addition. :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hey Jason,

Hope that Splattercaster sounds as good as it looks! :wink: I remember watching a show, (or was it a video on-line?), of the Fender plant in Mexico, and how they made the Splattercasters. Pretty cool. 8) Enjoy your new addition. :D

Dan

If it turns out I don't like the sound, I've already picked out some Rio Grande Vintage Tallboy pups that I will put in at some point. :)

Here's a link that someone pointed me too regarding the painting of these things:

http://allthingsguitar.com/FenderLinks/FenderTour/guitarfinish.html

Jason

ReplyQuote
(@oktay)
Reputable Member

I am not a big fan of "egzotic" looking guitars, but this one is very tastefully done. Gongrats.

Oktay

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

It's not a Rose that I can tell. Very cool looking guitar. Lunch huh? Where do you work?

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Sid, I was at home when I took those pics. I had left work early so I could get there before the UPS guy. Only had time to snap a few pics and eat before having to get back to the office. I work for a large finance/insurance company which is headquartered here. I guess you thought I took those at work? :) I do live in Indiana, so it wouldn't be a stretch to have a woods behind work. :lol:

Oktay, I'm not really a fan of these types of paint jobs either. However, I think this one is going to grow on me. I've seen pics of other Splattercasters online and this one is the nicest (IMO) of the ones I've seen.

Now to see how she plays tonight.

Jason

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

Ya, I thought that's where you worked.

//fantasy ruined//

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

sweeeeeeeeeeet looking axe, glad you guys are happy with the trade 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

sweeeeeeeeeeet looking axe, glad you guys are happy with the trade 8)

Thanks! I'm a happy camper so far, but Mike hasn't chimed in with his opinion yet. I'm sure he will once he gets home tonight and pulls his new axe out of the box.

Jason

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I really like that! It reminds me of the old tie dye shirts LOL! Is that a factory paint job or is that cusomized? I never knew Fender put out something like that!

Great Score!

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I really like that! It reminds me of the old tie dye shirts LOL! Is that a factory paint job or is that cusomized? I never knew Fender put out something like that!

Great Score!

It's factory. Apparently they made 3000 of them. Each one different. 8)

Jason

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I am

JEALOUS

Gratz bud

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2