Clear all

tip for pickers

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@smokehouse)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

i play sometimes for hours and weeks at a time fingerstyle mainly, and i get a permanant grove in my middle finger, now i have tried this for a few weeks and it works! cut the small finger off of a surgical glove it fits nice and tight and does not hinder the playing ability and gives time for the finger to recover :lol: ...dont tell me i am pressing to hard in the first place i know all that :( but i use heavy gauge strings. just thought this may be helpfull, i did notice a slide guitarist put a plaster on his pinky to make it a better fit for his slide once as well.

:WHO INVENTED WORK SHOULD COME BACK AND FINISH THE JOB OFF: http://www.soundclick.com/bartin

(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

You might find it handier to pick up a box of "finger cots,"

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@dylan6776)
Estimable Member

My fingers are permanantly grooved and are rock hard at the ends, so much so that when I tap them on the side of the guitar it sounds like fingernails. I thought the whole idea was to harden up the finger ends? Surely covering them up would lose the much-built-up callasous? No Pain, No Gain I say...

Never assume the other fellow has intelligence equal to yours. He may have more.

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

It sort of sounds counter-productive to me. My fingers tips are really hard, and creased all the time, and it's worked wonders for me so far.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@ginger)
Reputable Member

I use an emery board to "sand" on my finger tips and it works great. Keeps them smooth without losing the callasous.

ReplyQuote