Clear all

Tom's Book

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@maxrumble)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Hi, I just used the link from Nick's review to try to buy Tom's book, but it took me to paypal. I have an account that Ive only used once before (to buy a guitar).

Is the link wrong or am I missing something?

Cheers,

Max

(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

Nick's link takes you to my website... but the order form on my website will take you to PayPal for payment.

The reason is fees - PayPal is going to nick me for about 4.4%; my bank charges 6% due to 'the higher risk of chargebacks for online transactions' (failing to take into account that I've never had a chargeback, and if I ever do... they'd deduct it from my checking acccount; a more accurate rationale might be to simply 'fess up to corporate greed!)

If you'd rather not use PayPal, drop me a note with a money order - PO Box 6155, Woodridge IL 60517

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@maxrumble)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Well I have nothing against paypal although it seems that your getting burned on the fees. A total of over 10 percents seems a little rediculous.

I just don't understand what to do when I get to the paypal account. The one time I used it before I had a merchant number or something.

I can send a money order if your prefer. It will be a Canadian money order though. Ill google the exchange rate and send it. Plus I need to know the S&H charges.

Cheers,

Max

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

It's not 10% - I'm choosing to pay 4 instead of 6, that's all. When I use paypal, I can do an EFT (electronic funds transfer) to my checking account free, which is how the big customers like Amazon pay anyway; my bank does those free.

I ship free by surface. Air service to Canada is US$1.05 more for postage for a single book, so if you add that on I'll ship that way. Faster services don't make any sense, because of the customs delay - Express mail (US$16.25) estimates 3-5 day deliver, while air (US$13 less!) is 4-6 days.

Surface estimates are 4-6 weeks. I've had Canadian orders arrive in as little as 5 days by surface though - depends on where you are, I guess.

ReplyQuote
(@maxrumble)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I think I see what's going on with Paypal. I just need your email address. When I used it on ebay it was already filled out in a link so I was just confused.

Paypal will be a lot quicker - plus Im Lazy!

Cheers,

Max

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

sure thing - tomserb@noteboat.com

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

What you do with PayPal is enter the E-mail of the party you're paying, which has to be one registered and confirmed with them.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote