tremelo fingerpicking

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EThQofRKDY0&feature=related

Now i dont know if tremelo picking is a universally accepted term for this type of playing so i have included a link to show what i am talking about.
i was browsing youtube and came across the above clip and thought "what a lovely sound" - immediately i got my guitar and gave it a go, and i can see it will take some practice. but what i want to know is this... are there any examples where this type of playing has been used in a rock/blues context? is anybody aware of any particular player that "rocks out" :D using this technique.

i would love to be able to get this down over the comming months and use it with distortion in a rock song when we gig - i think it would be something really different.

anybody here experienced in this??

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

i've only seen it in flamenco and classical, but you could definitely use it anywhere

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

for fingerstyle playering, finger trem is the method for speed; alternating thumb-finger cannot complete,

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote