Clear all

under the bridge - rhcp

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@distortion5)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I have the correct tab without the capo, I was just wondering what fingering to use. Also, the tab says "with pick and fingers" and I dont get how that works. Thanks!

(@steve-0)
Noble Member

Ok, first of all, the song is basically chords that are played in a "busy" fashion. What I mean by that is, instead of just strumming, frusciante plays the chords (or arpeggiates) and then decorates the line with added notes. The best way to do that would be to hold the chord so it rings out and then add the extra notes with the remaining fingers. When it says "With pick and fingers", it's refering to hybrid picking. Hybrid picking is a technique in which you combine finger picking and regular picking, to do this, hold your pick normally and use your middle and ring fingers to pluck other strings.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@distortion5)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I was wondering about the intro, I got the rest of the song mostly. Thanks.

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

Basically you finger pick it but use the pick (held by your thumb and index) as a finger. Allows you more freedom. Try it. It may take a bit till you get it down. Its a popular technique. I use it often when i need the pick right after a short finger picking passage.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@distortion5)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thanks guys! I almost have it down.

ReplyQuote