Clear all

Update and Question

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@greg232)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I would like to personally thank all of you who responded to my last post regarding teaching yourself to play without a teacher. Does anyone have any suggestions on an easy song to play on electric guitar? I have a Vox AD30 with a Scehecter Blackjack and havn't touched it for months. I can never get the amp set just right or the guitar tone set correctly, so I just pick up the acoustic instead. My reason for getting interested in playing guitar was the electric, but havn't had much luck. Any suggestions would be great.

geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

How about Riders On The Stormor one of the other songs in the Easy Songs for Beginners? David plays it with acoustic but I bet it would sound great on electric.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@mad_guitarist)
Eminent Member

99% of anything with the word "punk" oriented with it these days. :lol:

shoot for classics, "blitzkrieg bop" and "should i stay or should i go" come to mind first as simple, basic rock 'n' roll on the 'lectric guitar. :)

I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play.

— Ozzy Osbourne

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Any of the songs for beginners on this site, or the Easy Songs Database, should be fine for you to work on. Go for it.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Two early songs I learned were "Southern Cross" by CSN and "Can't Explain" by the Who. "Can't Explain" has some derivatives, but you can get the gist of the song simply by playing D-A-A-G-D-D and repeat.

Also, "Wild Thing" is pretty easy too.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

Try anything by Creedence Clearwater Revival. It's just about all 3-4 chord songs.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote