Clear all

Warmoth

12 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@primeta)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Has anyone ordered a neck or a whole guitar from them? They seem to be the only ones who can give me the features I want at a less than atmospheric price.

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

I haven't ever bought anything from them, but from what I've read, they are THE parts dealer besides Stew Mac. So, yes, for what I've read, they are good for the money.

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

sorry, i miss posted. stupid thing won't delete.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

ir i remember right, Wes bought one for his American Strat...he LOVES it...so maybe he can weigh in here

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@egorancher)

Got a swamp ash body from Warmoth for my Mexi-Strat and am very happy with it- make the guitar more dynamic sounding.

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

Buddy of mine just bought a neck and a bunch of parts from them. They sent him the wrong kind of bridge and since it took him a while to realize it, it was beyond their little trial period and they wouldn't take it back. He was pretty pissed about that.

On the other hand, the neck was of PHENOMENAL quality. Decent wood and flawless craftsmanship. Beautifully dressed and crowned frets totally ready for the guitar with no issues at all.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Warmoth makes good stuff, but the word on the street is the owner is a bit er... let's say "difficult" and condescending when it comes to special situations and customers with too many questions.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Warmoth makes good stuff, but the word on the street is the owner is a bit er... let's say "difficult" and condescending when it comes to special situations and customers with too many questions.

Kinda like Ed Roman? :lol: I've heard that he won't even let you play a guitar unless you have perfect credit or something like that... :? And he's a PRS basher, he even had a link to a site that said PRS(the man) is the devil!! Call me crazy but I think thats going way too far...

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Wouldn't go that far -- Ed Roman seems to be a class unto himself.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Wouldn't go that far -- Ed Roman seems to be a class unto himself.

:lol: I've actually never talked to the guy, its just from what I've heard, he seems to be pretty rotten... Here's his PRS bashing page: http://www.edromanguitars.com/rant/devilbuilds.htm

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

That boy needs to be strapped down and forced to take his medication

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

He just copied from the Zachary page. You want to see a whack job, that Zachary guy is completely out to lunch. With Ed, I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt since he has been in the business for a long time and obviously know's more about guitars than I, even if he's a little fanatical about it.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote