Notifications
Clear all

Wedgies are the COOLEST things!

28 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

NO! Not those kinds of wedgies! :lol: :lol: :lol:

These kinds of Wedgies. I ordered 2 of these and for something so simple they work GREAT! I am always losing my picks and since I customize my picks by drilling holes in them, its a pain to lose them and have to make more!

(@steve-0)
Noble Member

Just out of curiousity, why do you drill holes in your picks?

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

For grip I suspect... 8)

I use something similar to that, this: http://www.music123.com/Dunlop-Ergo-Pickholder-i235963.music?siteID=38NXRkz2VKk-BTXaaJvIyucqG6cYUCD1Iw

And I stick it to the back of the headstock... :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

YoYo got it right...I do it for the grip. They make picks with the holes already drilled but I think they are overpriced...takes me about 5 minutes to drill out 10 picks...andthey last me a while. It does however, make them a tad bit weaker and if I do some heavy strumming for an extended period of time they can break but not too often.
I use something similar to that, this: http://www.music123.com/Dunlop-Ergo-Pickholder-i235963.music?siteID=38NXRkz2VKk-BTXaaJvIyucqG6cYUCD1Iw

And I stick it to the back of the headstock... :)

I don't like the idea of sticking things to my guitar just in case I decide to sell them (which I doubt :o !) and I don't want to blemish the finish even behind the headstock.

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Those both seem like a great idea. I hate the idea of dropping a pick when it really matters. Now, it woulnd't be a big deal at all.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Looks fine for non-trem or locking nut trem guitars, but could be a problem for the typical Strat with trem.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Looks fine for non-trem or locking nut trem guitars, but could be a problem for the typical Strat with trem.

Actually it works fine. You have to see how it attaches to the strings. The rubber on the bottom overlaps each string by about 1/4 of an inch on each side...even with heavy tremlo use it shouldn't fall off.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I don't think it will fall off. But anything that even slightly grips a string where this is located can inhibit a trem's return to proper tuning post-whammy use. Lubing nuts and optimizing string trees get a lot of attention on GN and elsewhere, due to this issue. Everything that contacts the string(s) is a potential problem for trem operation and, to a lesser extent, heavy bending. This wouldn't help.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@psychonik)
Reputable Member

i just use a pick hoder glued to a belt clip then clipped to my strap near the "horn" (assuming its a strat-like guitar that im playing) with my accoustic, i usually finger pick anyways.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

i just use a pick hoder glued to a belt clip then clipped to my strap near the "horn" (assuming its a strat-like guitar that im playing)

That's an excellent idea! I'll have to try that in the future!

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

It is a good idea. There are also some straps with pockets, though not as convenient, and often varied in choices.

For inventive/handy types: Anchoring a pick holder to an existing body screw might be another option. Might have to replace the original screw with a slightly longer version.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@ainet-esharp)
Trusted Member

Good idea but I usually use a bit of blue-tac stuck to guitar body and press my pick down on it when I'm finished. It holds the pick nice and firm.

And a 1-2-3-4.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Put a little double sided sticky tape on the back of that thing and put it on your forehead.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Put a little double sided sticky tape on the back of that thing and put it on your forehead.

Or if you can smile for 3 hours just stick them in between your teeth! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can think of one other place to put them but I don't think anyone would want to use them afterward! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

i use that wedgie now, but before I had it, I used thin, not-so-sticky masking tape to hold a few on the sides. i layered like 4 strips on top of each other so it would hold 3 picks without having the picks touch any sticky part. It worked well, and when I dropped my pick during Third Eye Blind's Jumper, I had another one and it worked great.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2