Clear all

Weird Buzzing Problem

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@trueg)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

A few days ago i noticed a was getting a bit of a buzzing sound on my strat. So i adjusted the action and the truss rod and it made no difference. Now the buzzing is getting louder than ever. I know it isnt fret buzz, because it sounds more like something is loose. The strange thing is i only hear the buzzing when a play an A, anywhere on the neck, whether it be a chord or single note. I convinced something must be loose in my guitar, but i looked everywhere and i can't find anything. The buzzing seems to be coming from the neck. Is it possible that the trussrod is loose? Im not sure if this is related but we have been experiencing alot of very cold whether as of late and have received our first snowfall. Any insight is highly appreciated.

(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

Check the saddle.

ReplyQuote
(@trueg)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Wow thanks for the help guys... :?

ReplyQuote
(@clau20)
Reputable Member

I'm not a pro, but it happened to me many times that I had some buzzing sound on my guitar

One day, it's was the neck

The other, it was a loose tuning key. Try to push every tuning key behind the head, play each string and see if the buzzing sound stay or not

And now, my electric guitar makes a strange buzzing sound when I play open string only (1st, 2nd and 3rd string) and it's seems to come from the bridge... Still don't know what to do with this

but it's strange that the buzzing sound from your strat comes only when you play an A...

" First time I heard the music
I thought it was my own
I could feel it in my heartbeat
I could feel it in my bones
... Blame it on the love of Rock'n'Roll! "

ReplyQuote