Skip to content
went to Guitar cent...

Notifications
Clear all

went to Guitar center to get a guitar stand...

21 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@shan65)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I went to my local Guitar Center the other day because I needed a guitar stand for my 12-string. I decided tp look around and play with some guitars. I realized then that I really needed to buy a Squier Tele Custom. Of course then I needed to but 2 guitar stands. And the russian made Big Muff fuzz box. I swear I am gonna start sending people to that store for me when I need something small. I can never leave that place without at least spending 100 bucks. But I really do love my new guitar. :D

(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I saw that coming from a mile away, I've never been to a Guitar Center, we don't have them here, but it seems as though the store is laced with nicotine, people just manage to walk away with new guitars all the time instead of what they went in for.

There was a thread here several months ago, can't remember who it was about though, but bought a guitar from there, and then brought it back before his wife got home from work. Crazy stuff.

Congratulations on your new gear though, enjoy!

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I swear I am gonna start sending people to that store for me

Naa just take them with you so you can carry more OUT!! :lol: I saw it coming to. I can smell GAS a mile away. Congrats. Pics?

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I saw it coming to. I can smell GAS a mile away.

Poor, poor Geoo!

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

LOL. Yeah, it's tough to not buy once you're there.

I went too ... was able to negotiate 25% off a couple of mic stands, and 35% off some strings. I was on a haggling roll! Then I saw an Epiphone Masterbilt on clearance ... but fortunately, it was a dread and I really want a 000 style. So I walked away.

Been shaking ever since ...

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

I went to my local Guitar Center the other day because I needed a guitar stand for my 12-string. I decided tp look around and play with some guitars. I realized then that I really needed to buy a Squier Tele Custom. Of course then I needed to but 2 guitar stands. And the russian made Big Muff fuzz box.

Don't you just hate it when that happens? :lol:

Congrats and enjoy.

Pics?

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
(@shan65)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I wish I could put up some pics but my digital camera is at the bottom of a lake right now. Maybe I should of bought a new one of those instead of a new guitar. :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I wish I could put up some pics but my digital camera is at the bottom of a lake right now. Maybe I should of bought a new one of those instead of a new guitar. :wink:

Ouch, that's pretty harsh man. I mean my digital camera has been dropped a lot, on pavement, car paths, hardwood floor, but never into a lake.

ReplyQuote
(@shan65)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Yes well there may have been a little bit of alcohol involved in that mishap. Had some nice pictures on it too.

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I am the opposite of most here. I have gone to GuitarCenter with the intention of making a purchase, and end up just walking out the door. I dunno, it is just sensory overload. You see all these guitars, amps, effects, etc..... I end up not really knowing what I want, so I walk out.

All the racket doesn't help either. :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

Wes:
The Guitar Center on 14th Street is pretty safe to go into because they have great used stuff. I bought my Daisy Rock there for $175, they had the same one new for $380. Same color and everything. I saw a used PRS just like mine the other day there for only $229. From now on I'm only buying used (i hope).

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

I feel sooo sorry for you right handed folks :wink: Us lefties go to Guitar Center with no worries. We know from the start that the same four lousy lefthanded guitars that where there last time will be there this time. So we can get our picks or pack of strings and walk out. :D

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Ya , its a tough story for us lefties in the guitar store.But here , i can't even find one lefty.So for me its a long wait and praying that the person bringing the guitar from abroad brings a nice one !

ReplyQuote
(@ldavis04)
Reputable Member

There was a thread here several months ago, can't remember who it was about though, but bought a guitar from there, and then brought it back before his wife got home from work. Crazy stuff.

I remember the tread...the guy spent the vacation money the family had been saving on a Strat...man, he sounded frantic. "Hurry back to return the Strat before your wife gets home and kills you!" was the general replies to his post. Easy lesson here is....just like gambling....don't bring more than you can spend (lose) with you to the guitar store!

I may grow old, but I'll never grow up.

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

off he goes,

that was me, i spent our vacation money on an american strat, and felt guilty and took it back lol

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2