Clear all

What a night!!!!

20 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Couple of weeks ago, was on my way home from hospital visit, decided to call in a pub for a pint....there was a bunch of guys in there with acoustic guitars, most of 'em my age or older....late 40's/early 50's....

I managed to get my hands on a guitar for a couple of songs, a couple of guys said "We're in here every Tuesday, why don't you bring a guitar next week?"

couldn't make it last week, but this week I made the effort....was a bit nervous when I got in, I was the first one there...and when I saw some of the other guitars people brought in....couple of Fenders, Takamine, Martin etc...my poor little Encore looked well outclassed.....but once I got into my stride, it didn't sound outclassed!!!!

I had a brilliant night....some excellent musicians there, one in particular could play lead to virtually anything.....just improvising...I'd love to be able to do that.....

The high point of the night for me was "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away".....one of those songs I play all the time at home, and always manage to mess it up....but not last night, I got it down perfect!!!!!

Anyway....I've been invited back next week, so I must have done something right!!!!

Still on a high today......!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

(@soju04)
Eminent Member

That is great! It must have felt awesome to have all your hard work rewarded like that.

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Congrats Vic. It really is fun to jam with others.

Did you do any of your originals?

ReplyQuote
(@kachman)
Estimable Member

Good job man! I can only imagine for now how great it must've felt, and the high after - like a kid that just got back from disneyland eh?

http://www.myspace.com/kachman

ReplyQuote
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

Good for you Vic, sounds like a whole lot of fun!!!

Times like that make playing guitar a special thing.

All the best

Matt

ReplyQuote
(@rockerman)
Reputable Member

you did it my man, way to go, i hope someday i"ll get that chance, i"m happy 4 u.

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

The high point of the night for me was "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away".....one of those songs I play all the time at home, and always manage to mess it up....but not last night, I got it down perfect!!!!!

You rose to the audience and the challenge, Vic, as many of us do - don't you just wish you could play like that every day?

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@gjbrake)
Reputable Member

WOO!

Good for you Vic - that sounds like it was fun. There's nothing quite like a group of musicians getting a few songs down.

Hope you continue to enjoy it in future.

G

Listen Louder Than You Play

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Vic,
Congrats! Ain't it fun?
8)
Tim

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Didn't get to do any of my own songs....didn't want to ruin the atmosphere!!! But yeah, it was great....the adrenaline is still pumping through my system 18 hours later.....

DEFINITELY going again next Tuesday.....I've took a guitar up to the pub before, but playing with other guys.....and being asked back....oh do I feel good today!!!!!

Now if Liverpool can just beat AC Milan tonight the celebrations will last at least a week....and I really will have to learn "You'll Never Walk Alone".. I've done it at a few karaoke nights....I know, I'm sad, but blame it on peer pressure....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Cheers Vic!

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Dude, congrats! I wish I could jam with some other people that are my age!! :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
 gene
(@gene)
Estimable Member

Nice going Vic, would you concider puting the tabs on easy song data base for "you've got to hide your love away"? Or is it too hard for beginners? Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Thats very cool indeed vic!!! 8) 8) 8) I need to get off my Ass and get down to the coffee shop on open mic night :oops: I hope this leads to good things for you--the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
 300m
(@300m)
Reputable Member

Congrats dude! That is a high that has a great feel! Enjoy!

John M

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2