Notifications
Clear all

What the heck is it?

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@spammyg)
Topic starter  

Hey all. Got a challenge for you. My friend who i have encouraged to start playing guitar called me yesterday and said that he had found and old guitar and so had gone out and bought some new strings and was wondering if i could srting it for him. I said sure so he brought it round and i had no idea what it was so like a true gen-Y'er i jumped on google. I still couldn't find out anything about it so i thought i'd put it up here and see if you experts can do your thing. Pics to follow

Cole Clark FL1-AC

J & D Luthier JD-880

(@spammyg)
Topic starter  

Cole Clark FL1-AC

J & D Luthier JD-880

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

there's a company named heritage that handmakes electrics in michigan, but i didn't see anything about classicals on their websites, and that guitar looks too old to be one.
it says it's a handmade guitar, made in korea. a lot of korean guitars (and other products) are made, and have been made, in fairly small runs by fly by night or small businesses that don't leave much of a paper trail. often they're knock offs of more popular western brands or commissioned by them(like squier to fender), but some are legitimate attempts to make a decent original product.
i'd try posting this on jedistar.com or a large classical guitar site to see if they can help you if no one here can tell you anything. or taking it to a local luthier if they seem to know anything.

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

http://www.univox.org/guitars/heritage.html

Have you seen the above site? That's all I could find.

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

ReplyQuote
(@spammyg)
Topic starter  

jason:
yea i found that heritage company during my google search but pretty quickly worked out that wasnt it.
how do i post it on jedistar? i went there and it seems to just be a big list of guitar makers.

joe:
thats an interesting link. all seems to fit but no pics to compare with which is a shame. will keep looking

Cole Clark FL1-AC

J & D Luthier JD-880

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

The herritage company in Michigan is former Gibson employees. They used to make Gibson guitars in Michigan and moved the factory to Nashville. The Michigan employees started their own company. Heritage guitars. Talk about a quality Gibson copy. :shock:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@spammyg)
Topic starter  

tr:
heritage guitars only seem to have made electrics not the classical i came across plus the classical seems a bit too old to be made by heritage.
check out the link in the post 2 above yours. seems to fit better but cant find any pics etc

Cole Clark FL1-AC

J & D Luthier JD-880

ReplyQuote