Clear all

What to do?

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I might have a little bonus coming my way soon and though most of it will go towards holiday spending money for my Easter break in Portugal, I might be able to spare about £200 max for some new guitar toys. That'll pretty much be me for the year then :( . So what do I get?

A reasonable new bass to replace my Freshman P bass, which is OK but I'd just like something a bit 'nicer'. Squier J/Ibanez GSR or similar or;

An Epi VJ and a couple of stomps (OD and reverb/delay) for some nice tube tone (though I do love my Vox AD30 chrome) or;

A squier Tele custom (P90's).

I currently have my Lovely Gordon Smith GS1.5-40, the Ovation Legend and the Freshman P Bass, a Vox AD30 and a Marshall MB15. I dont really play out much just noodle at home, though I really do plan to get going on a few gentle jams soon, honest. No pretensions to ever gig or anything. I just dont know........

I really like my Vox, works well at all volumes, I have a very few fav settings (usually set it up for 3 channel operation using the footswitch) and dont use pedals with it. The Bass, though cheapo, sounds pretty good feels ok (few sharp frets, dicky tone pot) and punches well with the Marshall. The GS is simply a wonderful thing which will never leave me. Ive just swapped my Pacifica for the ovation, which I amp into the bass amp sometimes. I do like bass but still very much a learner, the ovation is a keeper too. Decisions eh?

Thoughts appreciated! dont ask me to up the budget, thats the top end!

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R