33 Posts
26 Users
0 Likes
(@kalle_in_sweden)
Prominent Member

Acoustic Dreadnought 60%
Electric guitar 30%
Classical nylon string 10%.

When I play together with my friends i always use the Dreadnought.
The electric I use in my "home studio" to play with backing tracks.
The nylon stringed guitar I tend to use when my fingers are tired of steel strings.

Tanglewood TW28STE (Shadow P7 EQ) acoustic
Yamaha RGX 320FZ electric guitar/Egnater Tweaker 15 amp.
Yamaha RBX 270 bass/Laney DB 150 amp.
http://www.soundclick.com/kalleinsweden

ReplyQuote
(@blind_lemon_pye)
Trusted Member

I began by playing an electric and after 1 year I bought an acoustic and now, 1 year later I play my acoustic 99% of the time. But that's mainly because I'm playing alone. If I was to play in a band more often, I guess it would be a different story.

If I'm not in the band
Don't mean I'm square
Mercury Rev - Car Wash Air

ReplyQuote
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

About 50/50 most of the time( counting my banjo and mandolin :D )

wow - banjo is cool - how much for a decent banjo? How hard is it to learn just a little bit? How many hours do they have the days in this new beautiful year of ours? Is it possible to apply somewhere to get the day extended? :D
I got this one for $160. I play country blues mostly with it. A banjo is tuned to open G . http://www.folkofthewood.com/page653.htm

Sweet! 5 strings huh?Or at least 4,5 strings with something really strange happening to the last one it seems - you dont fret that string do you?

Edit - wow Full Member too 8) 8)

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I'm just the reverse of Rahul. No accoustics even tho lately the GAS is starting to build. :oops:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@steves)
Estimable Member

Pretty much 50/50, though sometimes I go on an acoustic binge and play it almost exclusively for a week or two at a time.

ReplyQuote
(@ghost-rider)
Reputable Member

About 95% acoustic, 5% electric.

The acoustic is more portable, and less complicated. I have just one puny fender amp, which I don't like moving around from room to room.

Ghost.
(I envy shredders :lol: )

"Colour made the grass less green..." 3000 miles, Tracy Chapman

ReplyQuote
 xg5a
(@xg5a)
Honorable Member

I think that it's probably 60% acoustic, just because whenever I walk by it, I have to sit down for a few minutes and play. The electric takes a few minutes to get set up, so I usually only play that when i'm playng with other people.

ReplyQuote
(@flashback)
Reputable Member

Electric 100% I am a distortion / feedback / harmonics / effects / electric speech psycho. So my electricis the choice for me.

GN's resident learning sponge, show me a little and I will soak it up.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Electric or acoustic?

Resonator.
:lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member

I'd say about 70% electric, although i do enjoy playing my acoustic. I think if it had pickups i'd play it more.

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

acoustic at home, electric with the band; although i occasionally plug in by myself and am jimi for awhile.

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

I'd say 70% electric 30% acoustic. The acoustic is normally used while sitting in the living room watching TV or if I'm working on something that sounds better on it. The acoustic is also what normally goes with me camping and/or vacation. That may change now that I have a MicroCube though.

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I practice more on my acoustic, but for sheer pleasure, I play more on my electrics. I also have to fit in time for mandolin and bass. So, it's probably 30% acoustic, 40% electric, 20% mandolin and 10% bass. Approximately! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

I'm studying, so right now my Classical gets 90%. That leaves 10% for my electric, accoustic, 12-string, and mandolin.

I'm on the side of the guy who wants to get the day extended.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@banre)
Reputable Member

I take lessons on the acoustic, but I apply play that stuff on the electric too. It's about 50/50, maybe 60/40 to the acoustic side.

The wife REALLY prefers the acoustic. If she's out in the garage with me and I want some time alone, all I have to do is plugin the electric, trun up the distortion, and play a really screeching solo. She runs for the hills. :D

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3