Notifications
Clear all

2 Part question on my LP style guitar

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@f1st_burger)
Topic starter  

So I've been looking around stores and websites after picking up playing again and i come to the realization that i want a better guitar than what I have.
I love the fit and finish of my guitar, but I'm tired of the plain looking bridge and the sound it gives off. even watching youtube videos of people comparing their modern LP guitars to bridges made in the 1960s proved to have a significant difference in tone. and since i don't want to shell out 300+ dollars for an ancient artifact of lost atlantis, I was thinking about installing a modern Schaller Hannes style bridge. Has anyone had any experience installing this type of bridge on a guitar of similar thickness to a LP with that type of bridge. How much work would that entail.
Second part of the question.. Is it possible to configure my pickups to have a natural recessed look in my guitar body. honestly its been 6 years since i fiddled with my guitar's internal organs and my strings are still holding on so instead of wasting 15 dollars I figured I'd ask here. I'm thinking the pickup holes are far too deep for me to just drop the pickup rings, so is there a way around it like gluing a piece of wood to raise them up? has it been done and if so to what degree?
thanks