Notifications
Clear all

amp has no volume

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@mumbodog)
Topic starter  

I have a Peavey HKS8 amp that was working fine, then all of a sudden there was very little volume. The speakers are not blown, the fuse is good and there seems to be no obvious burnt components. I used it with my keyboard, and admittedly I did turn the volume up once or twice, but when the problem started, I was playing quietly. It must be the amp since there is little volume no matter what I plug in. Any suggestions?
Thanks for all the help.

(@death_to_theory)
Trusted Member

i had the same problem the other day with my crate GLX212....check to see if the other knobs on ur amp r turned up like Low,Medium,and High or do u have a mute button on there somewhere click it out. I hope this is of some help to u mumbodog if not call technical support

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Have you checked the cable and speaker wire. Check for bad connects. have you plugged anything else into the amp to see if it maybe the keyboard?

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@toddebner)

Just had the same problem on my Fender amp.

Perhaps this might help.

Found out that the wires on my strat had shorted to each other. I could still hear some output, but only when I cranked up everything, including the gain on the amp.

Took off the output jack from my strat and found the wires had melted together. From a previous shielding project no doubt.

So, I pulled them apart, resoldered, put in some electric tap to insulate and voila, everything works again.

Goodluck, Todd

ReplyQuote