Notifications
Clear all

Amp Sound Problem

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@tw0409)
Topic starter  

Hi everyone, I am new here in this fourm...
My amp was acting strangely yesterday when I was playing. The sound would disappear at random time. I did not touch any knobs or adjust anything. It's like the signal has been lowered to a point where I cranked the volume up and still having tiny sound.

Then I think it might be the pedals... so I just plugged my guitar directly into the amp. It happened again. I even tested my guitar with another amp. nothing happened.....

The timing is random.... the signal would just die out suddenly and come back randomly.

The amp is a Peavey bandit 1x12 80watts with transtube....(there are new and older model....i have the old one...)

Thanks in advance!!! :)

(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

It could be a lot of things. My son has that amp, we had that trouble and looked inside at everything for days, so basically it was like giving up because we are electronics people, I'm self-taught, it rubbed off on him the way I wanted, and he's an educated wizard. I said, all we can do now is to change the speaker, which looked good, but you never know. At least we took the leads from the chassis and hooked to a bare speaker before wrenching it. That was it. Put a new speaker in then. Voice coil?

Do the thing with the leads, or if you can, run a speaker cable to a remote cab and see what you get. That's not much work.

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote