Notifications
Clear all

Awkward Strat Tone Pot

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@no-quarter)
Topic starter  

Okay. So I just bought a strat. I love it. It's the best thing ever.

I think it's perfect except for the bottom tone pot. It seems to take more force to turn it and also if I try to tilt it back and forth it tilts :o ! Its not just the knob that wiggles but the tone pot itself. My friends think I'm crazy for being so picky but I spent an arm and a leg on this thing so I expect perfection. Other than this I love everything about my baby. Will I need to get the pot replaced? If so how much should I expect to pay?

Oh another thing is that when left stationary for a minute or two and then moved the pot sends a little pop through the amp almost as if to say "No! I'm a bad little pot so leave me alone!" :o . This sort of talk back I cannot tolerate :x .

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

It definitely should be replaced. Loose is one thing but it should not talk to you or be hard to turn.

If the guitar is new take it back to the shop where you bought it. Should be under warranty and not cost anything to get it fixed. If not then it will be about $5 for the pot and maybe $20 in labor.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

Sounds like it needs to be replaced. If you just bought it take it to the shop that sold it to you. If it's been less than 30 days I'm sure they would accomodate you on a replacement.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote