Clear all

Brand new Ibanez GAX-70 fret buzz like no other

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@maiibuss)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hi i just bought an Ibanez GAX-70 and the Low E and A string buzz like crazy ... worse then ive ever heard. They buzz open and fretted ... also the action on this guitar is pretty high and the bridge/saddle is all the way down. Setting the bridge high makes it very hard to play and still doenst solve the problem nor does adjusting the trus rod. What are my options here? beside pull a hendrix with it?

Thanks for any help

(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

in three words........

TAKE...IT...BACK.

The store you bought it from has a legal obligation to sell you goods of merchantable quality. A guitar you can't play clearly is not of merchantable quality!!!

Insist they either fix it, replace it, or give you your money back.

Unless, of course, its you that's messed it up playing around with it. In which case take it to a guitar tech and let him right your wrongs.

hope this helps

Matt

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Did you play it before you bought it?

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@afterblast)
Estimable Member

it's possible that one or more of your frets is to high, that would cause it to buzz.

but really mattguitar has the best advice.

wherever you go, there you are.

ReplyQuote
(@maiibuss)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

They had two there when i went to buy so i think i grabbed the one i didnt play. I didnt really notice the buzzing until i played it without an amp, played through an amp it plays just fine and cannot hear the buzz. But without an amp it will buzz when strummed with decent pressure. Played soft it wont buzz... and now that ive picked up on it my dean explorer does it to but i assumed it was an electric guitar trait... I do happen to love low action... damn catch 22?

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I'll agree with others and recommend taking it back and have them set it up right. I do have a few older guitars that buzz when their not plugged in, they've been that way for years and isn't heard when amplified. I just feel no need to have anything done with them because their pretty much retired from use.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@indecentangel)

I had and still have that problem with my Ibanez GAX70. My high E buzzed and I think the B string. I brought it back and they ordered me a new one because they didn't like the way the neck looked. Now this one its just the high E. Thought about taking it back again but I rather not deal with it & just take it to a place I do trust.

ReplyQuote
(@maiibuss)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Got it set.. brought it to my uncle who is an avid guitarist. He got the action nice and low and it only buzzes if i hit the strings hard. its a nice guitar for the price but it seems the factory settings suck.

Thanks for the help guys

ReplyQuote