Clear all

Changing my 02 Toronado

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@97reb)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I just bought a Gibson P-94T for my Bridge Pick-Up (It was appearently the last one Musiciansfriend.com had). There is a Seymour Duncan Phat Cat from Americanmusical.com that I will likely get for my neck position. I have replaced the bridge saddles already with Tele types. I had to use the screws and springs from the other saddles so they would work correctly. I still have not found the tuning machines I want to use for the Guitar, but I am looking. I still do not want to use the stock tuners and that type. Different companies sell the same type, it is some sort of German name like Kneutsen or something. Basically it is that slot at the top of the post where you wrap your string around. There is a special technique I am not interested in learning so that is why I am looking for the new tuning machines. I hope to have the guitar back together by the end of June. I am a little slow with some of my projects. In the mean time, I still have my Gibson Faded V and my Bass to mess around with. In addition, I may pick up an Ibanez artcore hollowbody soon. I played one the other day and it was pretty good.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Cool! I hope you can post some pictures of the final product. If you can, take some before and after pictures. Of course you will have to produce some sound clips. :D

Are you looking for traditional tuning heads? Or are you looking for something special? I think the ones you have are a type of "locking tuners" which isn't a bad thing, just wondering.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Reb: You may mean Kluson tuners. Gotoh makes a similar version with only the hole, and even a locking version.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, I meant Kluson. After reading up a little in a couple places and taking someones advice in a previous forum, I think I will stick with the original tuning machines. That style seems to be popular amongst traditional Fender Purists.. I found a site that refreshed my memory on stringing up that kind of Tuning Machine and I feel I can probably get used to it.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Good move. The slot with the hole down the center is actually a very good design once one gets used to it -- holds well and no sharp string ends hanging out.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote