Clear all

Cheap hardware

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@terminator)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

ive seen thie e-guitar its slamer(by hamer)and it costs £89 pounds sterling. Its got Floyd Rose and a lockin nut. I waz just wonderin how long it may survive an intermediate guitarist who doent play hard rock, or heavy metal. Will it work for the first 10 years??????????????I'ts a really nice one, and real cheap!

"No pain No gain!"- The Scorpions

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

It comes down to how you take care of it. If you respect it and keep others from playing / trashing it, the guitar will last you a life time. There will always be little things that break down strings, volume / tone controls, tuners, wiring. Things like this will break down now and then, it comes with the neighborhood.

Joe

ReplyQuote
 Bull
(@bull)
Trusted Member

I have found that you get what you pay for. I have a Squier and upgraded to a Fender and I can tell the difference. And I am just a beginner.
If you an intermediate player than you should be spending the extra bucks for a guitar of love. If you can't be good to yourself, than why work.
- Bull

ReplyQuote
(@english-one)
Estimable Member

Hammer/Slammer guitars don't seem too bad to me, but I think the best thing you can do is try the guitar out, and see for yourself how well made it is.

I'm sorry to say this, but guitars in general aren't made to a great standards these days. However, they never were in the good old days either, and there are still plenty of guitars from the 60's around. Just take good care of it, and don't do a Pete Townsend on the stage (Lead guitarist in the Who, who rather enjoyed smashing guitars).
It might be worth investing in a hard case if you want to keep it safe from harm, but that might cost nearly as much as the guitar...

I'm just wondering, if you don't play Hard Rock or Metal, maybe that guitar isn't right for you. Locking nuts and floyd roses are great for metal, but tend to get in the way a bit for most other styles. Shop around a bit, find an instrument that suits your style. Try looking at Yamaha and ibanez or maybe Tokai if it's build quality you're after. look at The Yamaha Pacifica 112 maybe.

Hope that helps

Peter

ReplyQuote
(@terminator)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

No, i dont like hard rock at all! its for lbues, jazz, classic rock...

"No pain No gain!"- The Scorpions

ReplyQuote