Notifications
Clear all

Connecticut Luthier?

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@forrest-greene)
Topic starter  

I'm hoping someone can recommend a guitar technician in the Connecticut area. Ideally, this would be someone in the Valley, between New Haven & Springfield / Northampton / Amherst, MA; even more ideally, someone in the Hartford area. I have a nice Epiphone electric & Takamine acoustic to care for, & would like the candidate to be certified or at least experienced with both makers.

Thanks in advance!

(@alangreen)

Do the manufacturers' websites not have a list of approved tech/ repair centres you could use as a starting point?

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Ask cnev, as he's in your neighborhood.

I've always trusted the guys at East Coast Music Mall in Danbury, but that may be a bit of a drive for you.

And dhodge is in western Mass, and he knows everyone there.

ReplyQuote
(@forrest-greene)
Topic starter  

Hi folks, thanks for the welcomes & replies. It was a good idea to check the manufacturers' sites. Gibson's Repair & Restoration Department responded with a link to a list of nationwide authorized warranty service centers arranged by state. Only two in all of Connecticut! Here's the address, for anyone making a similar search:

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Support/WarrantyServiceInformation/

Thanks again, everyone.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Check out a guy callled Tom Baxter he just moved to Newington you should be able to get his number on the web. He does guitar repair/setups etc. My instructor uses him as does the bass player.

He's got a good rep.

If this is not a warranty covered repair I'd still check out Tom.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote