Clear all

Fender 6oth anniv. static

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@robbie)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

While I really love this guitar ,one thing bothers me. After playing for a few minutes whenever my strunnung fingers contact the pickguard it seems like a slight buzz created by static electricity sets up through the amp. This is my only guitar that does this or that is noticable. Any thoughts? I can assure you I am not an electrifying guitar player.Thanx
Robbie
edit: It is the Tele not Strat

(@robbie)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Anybody?

ReplyQuote
(@billg)

Check that your output jack isn't loose; also your string ground.

ReplyQuote
(@musica23)
Reputable Member

Hey Robbie,

I also own the 60th Tele and have the same problem. Does it happen only when the neck or neck/bridge pups are being used? Believe it or not, I read on some forum (can't remember where) that the cure is to stick a sheet of Bounce (or some similar fabric softener/anti-static product) underneath the pickguard! :shock:

I have to admit that I haven't been brave enough to try it (I don't even trust myself with changing strings, ya see). I also have to say that I'm not positive that whomever suggested this wasn't kidding, but they seemed serious to me. I read replies saying that it worked for a few people. :?:

Let me know if you decide to give it a go. And please don't hurt me if it's a misinterpreted joke! :)

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote
(@musica23)
Reputable Member

Robbie,

I've been trying to find that forum and thread. In the meantime, I've found that this seems to be a very common problem. Solutions range from simple (rubbing an anti-static fabric softener sheet on the pickguard -- not under it as I'd thought --for a temporary fix) to the complicated (shielding the pickups).

I found (and lost) a great step-by-step guide for the latter. I DID find this:

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=1144&highlight=static

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Thanx all. Musica I am glad to hear that I am not losing it, that is someone else has the same concern. I will be sure and post if I find out a cure all.
Robbie

ReplyQuote