Skip to content
floyd rose settings...

Notifications
Clear all

floyd rose settings n what is intonation?

9 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@jeansen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

hello, i'm newbie here...i just wanna ask you : what are the disadvantages if i set my bridge high in the air?( not parallel to the body)

n what is intonation? thx U :)

ps: is there anyone here ever heard about phil-pro guitars?
i 've used it...msf237 :) sounds quite good for metal tune ..

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Hi and Welcome,

This will explain both questions about intonation and string height. GUITAR INTONATION

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@jeansen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

thx U a lot...

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Your welcome.

You want the system to be in a neutral or floating position. Which would parallel/level with the body. Here's a site that will explain a floating system.

Setting up a Floyd Rose

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@jeansen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

thx U, great site.. it is to bad that i can't copy n pate them.. :(
oh ya, how about my first question:
what are the disadvantages if i set my floating bridge way up high like in the picture in there ( the way outa wack picture )? thx U

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

The bridge doesn't come back to a floating position. which means there is always tension on the springs and it may not come back to the same place every time after you use it. Each time a tremolo is used it must return to the exact same location in order for the instrument to be in tune. Also the higher the strings the more the string stretches when you fret a note or chord the more out of tune it wil be, along with the bridge moving even higher.

joe

ReplyQuote
(@jeansen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

thanx U :)

ReplyQuote
(@ronaligator)

Thanks for the information. This was exactly what I needed and answers the question I had after changing strings on my Floyd Rose Bridge - and having it lift way up.

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

You can save the page. At the top of your browser if your using Internet Explorer, in the upper left hand corner it says File, left click File and a menu will drop down, click were it says Save as. A window will pop-up (Save Web Page) and ask you were you want to save the page to. Either make a new folder or just put it in My Documents. Then you can view or read it anytime you want without being on line. Same goes for Pages on this site.

Also if you look and read through other questions in the forum/ message board you'll find some great questions and excellent answers to those questions. Check out the links to Lessons and great Articles on the Home page.

Joe

ReplyQuote