Notifications
Clear all

Guitar Center

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@vers1on)
Topic starter  

Does Guitar Center have a repair shop? I have a problem with my pickup selector's wiring, so I'm going to stop by if they do. If not, I'm probably going to have to go to a standard small guitar tailor's shop.

(@lummoxx)
Trusted Member

How much have guitars changed in the past decade? I mean, depending on how handy (and brave) you are, you could probably solve a wiring problem in about 15 minutes with nothing more than a screwdriver and soldering iron.

Resoldering a loose or disconnected wire is easy. However, if you've never done it before, grab an iron, solder, and spare wire, and practice a little first. Solder is cheap. :)

Your mileage may vary, I'm not an expert, or a lawyer, and I'm not responsible for how any information is used. :)

But really, if you just need a wire soldered, do it yourself, and put that money you'd spend on the repair towards a new pedal or something. :)

------
Lummoxx
-Fender Stratocaster Splatter
-Line6 GuitarPort
-Marshall Half Stack MG100HDFX/MG412 Cab
-Boss "Heavy Metal" HM-2
-Current GAS Pain: WARBEAST!

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Some GCs do, some don't. The ones that don't will usually outsource. And from what I've seen, the ones that outsource charge a ridiculous amount of money for the most basic services.

Example:
Basic guitar setup at GC in Rockville, MD from in-house tech: $20 and up
Same service from GC in Fairfax, VA, who sends it someplace else (not to the Rockville store): $60 and up.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote