Clear all

Guitar tech

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@steve-0)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I want to learn is how to do basic repairs and doing set-ups on my guitar (perticularly electric guitars), eventually even learning amp repair. Are there any good sites or books on how to do this? I was told to by someone that Frets.com was a good site, but it was more geared towards acoustic guitars and wasn't really what I was looking for. Should I maybe talk to a current guitar tech or someone at a repair/guitar shop about this and see if they would be interested in teaching me how to do this?

Steve-0

(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member

basically if your active in cleaning and repairing your own guitar and keeping it up-to date, your already learning what to do. Its something that you pick up in time. about the amp repair... Tha requires knowledge of electronics whi actualy is a whole different form of theory! electronic theory is actually pretty interesting (At least to me, I like to know how things work) its also something you larn when earning you amatuer radio license (Hence the KB1LQC at the bottome of every post!) if your interestedl, its a great way to learn about electronics and its fun.

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

This is a very good reference for acoustic and electric guitar maintenance and repair:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0879302917/qid=1098825446/sr=2-1/ref=pd_ka_b_2_1/002-7271858-0577630

-Greg

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote