Notifications
Clear all

High E 12 fret and higher string vibration

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@umph_love)
Topic starter  

The sound I'm getting is incredibly difficult to describe....

I play a G & L s500 tribute series guitar. about a month ago i noticed this horrible sound coming from all my frets above 11 on my high e string. I've adjusted the truss rod myself and the action is good and theres no buzzing, but theres this resonant sound every time i strike the high frets on the e string... the best way i can describe it is its sort of like when a fly is buzzing around and it flies closer to your ear and you get the louder humming of its wings. after i strike any of those notes it continues to get louder and then dies down. I paid 50 bucks for the G & L dealer to "fix it" and it seemed to be alright (i didnt plug it in when i paid for the repair). But two days later its back nearly as bad as it was. It's really frustrating because it makes me not want to play it..... The luthier told me he "adjusted the bridge" to get rid of it and did a couple of other things "nearly a full blown setup." I can't find anyone online with this similar problem though.... Anyone know anything??