Clear all

I Changed Strings Incorrectly I Think

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 zeph
(@zeph)
Topic starter  

Well, it was time to change the strings on my guitar. I didn't think it would be difficult so I did it by myself. Now the strings buzz when unfretted. It's as if they are vibrating against the frets.

What did I do wrong? Should I take it to the shop and pay someone to change strings for me?

Ahhhhhhh

Thanks,

Zeph

(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

A little more information might be helpful.  Is it an acoustic or electric guitar?  If electric, does it have a fixed bridge or a floating bridge? Did you change the gauge of the strings when you changed strings?

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@petrix)
Estimable Member

Whatever type of guitar you have, it would be easier to diagnose if you tried to find out where this buzz is comming from; the bridge, the nut or just the frets. It may be that you've hit something out of place when you were changing the strings, but you do really need to say what the guitar is like.

"I had these dreams that I would learn to play guitar, maybe cross the country, become a rock star"

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

This thread's been double posted.  If you want to respond, don't post here.  Instead, follow the link below to the responses in the Beginners' Forum.  That way all the information and possible solutions will be in one place. Having them all in one place is probably more beneficial.

http://forums.guitarnoise.com/?board=guitar_beginner;action=display;num=1077729045

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote