Skip to content
Is one Humbucker an...

Notifications
Clear all

Is one Humbucker and two single coils a good idea?

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@david-l)
Topic starter  

Hey guys, Ive only recently found this forum but i love it and i figured this might be the best thread for me to introduce myself out side the intro place, My friends and I have a bit of a bet going thats going to be judged by a rather outstanding guitarist (does session work at a recording studio on and off). so the bet is that I cant make a quality electric that he would be willing to record with, the second part is that the sound needs to be hugely versatile and fairly unique. So I want to know if it is possible to make it with a humbucker in the bridge position and then two single coils, one in the middle and the other by the neck. Id have a five way switch (If that even exists) so it would be -just humbucker -humbucker and a single coil - two single coils - all three - the other single coil and the humbucker-. i know fender has their Fat Strats but has this been done and how complicated will it be wiring wise? ill have two sound pots and two tone pots (split by pick ups type). thanks for reading and a pre thanks for any replies.
:mrgreen: