Notifications
Clear all

Jackson Demmelition Floyd Rose Neck-Thru Chipped Headstock

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@luthierwannab)
Topic starter  

My friend has this guitar that he bought a while ago. The headstock wood around the low E tuning peg is chipped thus revealing half of the tuning peg case. He has lost the piece of wood that used to be there but I am wondering if I could just make a mould of Tightbond around the area and just leave it like that? The tuning mechanism is inside the revealed case and the guitar is a floyd rose so I guess it’s less tensioned in that area? I’m not sure. What do you guys think would be the best fix? Many thanks and stay safe all!

(@deathtokoalas)

i'd say it's a matter of time before the tuning peg dislodges and that you want to find something to reinforce it with. any old little piece of wood that you can cut off, glue to the headstock and then attach the peg to should do. 

ReplyQuote
(@ektodunholy)

UPS destroyed my Demmelition in transit and they are still giving me the run around how do I go about replacing the neck.. I've tried gluing head stock back on no luck tried putting splines no luck so is there a way to replace the whole neck with a bolt on

ReplyQuote
(@bariszop)

My friend has this guitar that he bought a while ago. The headstock wood around the low E tuning peg is chipped thus revealing half of the tuning peg case. He has lost the piece of wood that used to be there but I am wondering if I could just make a mould of Tightbond around the area and just leave it like that? The tuning mechanism is inside the revealed case and the guitar is a floyd rose so I guess it’s less tensioned in that area? I’m not sure. What do you guys think would be the best fix? Many thanks and stay safe all!

ReplyQuote
(@bariszop)

Posted by: @bariszop

techzpod.com mobdro

any thoughts on this ? 

ReplyQuote