Clear all

Lefty Squire Strat setup problem

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 renk
(@renk)
Topic starter  

I just got a new setup on my strat and after playing it for a couple of hrs i'm getting buzzing on all the strings except the high E from the 12 to 20th frets. There's also no sound on the 8th fret of the sixth string. Is there anything I can do to adjust this myself or do I have to carry it back to be checked out.

btw. I usually have to get this guitar setup a lot more often than usually recommended

edit.

I'm not really worried about taking it back(except leaving it there for another wk) what i'm looking for is tips to fix these type of problems myself, or tweakings that could be done before it gets to a state where strings are not heard anymore, usually I could tell how much long its playable before a setup is a serious issue but the cost to get one is killing me

(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

if i just paid to have a guitar set up you better believe i'd be taking it back. :wink:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

You might try ever so slightly to higher the action.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@manitou)
Estimable Member

From the sound of your buzzing issue , could fret wear be the problem? If this is an older guitar and the frets stick past the middle of the neck, since most players are mostly mid neck to head position players the frets there could be low. Nut wear could also be a problem in this instance. OR. Did you change the string gauge? If you put heavier strings they might buzz, but that would be most of the neck... the way you say half the neck is bad though my guess would be frets. But I couldnt tell you for sure unless I could play the guitar :( Try the action first like was allready said since fretwork is espensiiiive

SHUT UP ABOUT IRON MAIDEN SOLOS AND GO PRACTICE!
-Manitou

ReplyQuote
 renk
(@renk)
Topic starter  

the guitar is fairly new, i've only had it a year and I haven't changed the string gauge in a while. I'll try adjusting the action. thks the help guys

ReplyQuote