Notifications
Clear all

missing strap button/pin?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@smohyee)
Topic starter  

I have an epiphone pr350 acoustic (6 string), which has only one strap button on the end of the body, and nothing behind the neck where I assume the second button should be, even some abberation in the woodwork to show a missing button spot. There is a 1/2" thin patterned line along the middle of the back of the body that has a waxy texture, which might be related to my problem. Do I need a custom strap, or should I add a button?

(@primeta)
Prominent Member

Many acoustics only have one button, the strap is tied with a small piece of string (like a small piece of thin shoelace) to the head of the guitar. A competent woodworker could install a second button if you prefer. Or I think there's some sort of quick release gizmo. It's mentioned in one of the other threads.

Jbehar had a similar question recently...
Installing a strap button
https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4115&sid=d245f6b19222001be44a28c0ae56f779

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member

yeah this is a wierd sight isnt it. It's the same thing on my 25 year old Yamaha acoustic. What you need to do is buy an acoustic guitar strap. these straps snap in with the pin on the body and tie under all the stringes just behind the nut by the tuning pegs. If your still confused ill post pictures of mine to illistrate it all you gotta doit ask... good luck! :D

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

ReplyQuote