Clear all

Modifying my guitar?

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@nathan1709)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hi there. I've got an '99 Sunburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom and i am currently considering upgrading it. I was considering changing the p/ups which are Currently stock Epiphone Classic 57 Humbuckers for a pair of Bare Knuckle Stomry Monday Buckers as i keep hearing nothing but good reviews about them. I am also considering changing the plastic nut for a bone nut although i am not entirely sure what difference that will make to the tone. Basically I am just looking for any suggestions / advice regarding possible upgrades. Also just as an aside can anyone explian to me the difference between Pick ups wired in series and pick ups wired parallel? Thanks in Advance

"This is a public service announcement.....with guitars"

Narn
(@narn)
Estimable Member

ReplyQuote
(@english-one)
Estimable Member

Can't say I've heard of the pickups, but it might be worth you looking around for others. Seymour Duncan are always worth a look.

Apart from that, i would recomend and electronics upgrade. Maybe get a mid boost kit for the pots, or invest in some TBX pots (Which have a "Flat" setting, then an "Add" and "subtract" for the tone.)

Some Les Pauls have Brass nuts, which give a really bright tone, might be worth a look at them.

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

for the pups, i depends on what kind of music you play, for example, a dimarzio Uttra-Mega distiortion humbucker (whatever they call them) isnt exactly a jazz pup. For all around tone, i recommend the Seymour Duncan JB humbucker.

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote