Clear all

New Player needs help

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@guitarmonkey)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Well i am a new player.  I have had my guitar for 2 years now (not a begginer but i am just starting to really get into it now) my question is what do i need to do to maintain my guitar. how often should i change strings? is there anythign else i should do to it. (other than clean it) lol also i have to add when i hit a button on my tv remote it makes a beeping sound. i should play gigs with that using it as a sound effect. lol but does it hurt it? i dont do it anymore.

(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member

Well dont polish it too much, you could get residue under your pickguard and other not seend areas.  When it looks like it needs one is really when you should polish it. but for some tips on everyday maintanace ( just when you play your guitar) here they are:

1.  Use a dry cloth and after you done playing wipe off your strings so they dont rust.
2.  strings are usually changed every two months but mine are a lot older than that, usually when they are really dirty is when you need to change them.

But the most importnant thing is to never do
THIS!

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Well dont polish it too much, you could get residue under your pickguard and other not seend areas.  When it looks like it needs one is really when you should polish it. but for some tips on everyday maintanace ( just when you play your guitar) here they are:

1.  Use a dry cloth and after you done playing wipe off your strings so they dont rust.
2.  strings are usually changed every two months but mine are a lot older than that, usually when they are really dirty is when you need to change them.

But the most importnant thing is to never do
THIS!

OH THE AGONY!!  :-/  :'( How could you ! THat's horrible.

That said, I'm sure you're in as much pain as the rest of us.  :)

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Now THAT :'( should be deleted :'(. No one :'( should EVER :'( have to see that :'(. Shame on you bstguitarist  >:(

ReplyQuote
(@jbehar)
Trusted Member

God, it hurts just looking at that

ReplyQuote
(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member

lol its not me, Man I would be horrified if that ever happened to me! I found it on a post at guitar.com forum (i hope i didnt just break any copyright laws or something!) I felt it was a good example to this post

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

ReplyQuote
(@psychonik)
Reputable Member

he he thats happened to me three times in two years. It hurts alot. all three times were on some sammick or another.

ReplyQuote