Skip to content
Squier '51 question...

Notifications
Clear all

Squier '51 question about itonation adjustment screw length!

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@flashback)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Well for christmas I purchased a Squier '51 (Black) and a new Epi Valve Jr. amp to help jumpstart my electric learning. So I took my brand new BEAUTIFUL axe (i might add a great buy also!) over to my girlfriends house so her father (a semi-pro-amateur musician) could show me how to adjust the itonation.

So he is adjusting and he said the screws are to long and will touch the strings if he adjusts it to be perfect (thus making them break easier). I was wondering if there is anyway this could be fixed. Of course shorter screws, but would screws from the hardware store be safe? Or do I have to order them from a guitar parts store? Or am I just being to over analitic?

But I might add that it is VERY close to being perfectly itonated and the that NO STRING BUZZ exist on this neck and the action was perfect out the bag! And that ernie ball 10s sound awesome on it. (shameless '51 plug)

Thankyou very much for reading my rant! :D

GN's resident learning sponge, show me a little and I will soak it up.

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Mine came with three different size screws! A couple are too long, a couple are too short; two are just right. Great quality control from Squier's Indonesian manufacturing plant.

There should be no trouble getting screws at a hardware store, as long as you match the threads properly. Take a saddle with you and make sure the screw works properly.

I noticed that Graph Tech makes replacement saddles that come with two different screw lengths - shorter ones for Strats, longer ones for Teles. People that replace theirs with Graph Tech saddles tend to get the Strat set. Except for the screw length, the saddles are the same.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote