Notifications
Clear all

String spacing on a Carvin VS LP or Jackson

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@bobthunder)
Topic starter  

This may sound strange..but he goes. I don't usually buy guitars with out playing them. Carvin being the exception as I live on the east coast. Back in the mid 90's I bought a DC400 from them. The fit and finish were fine, but there was something about the string spacing on the neck that drove me nuts. It seemed wider then every other guitar I had. A 80's Dean, BC Rich, any LP I had played. I was great for chords but when you wanted to play lead ..your fingers were just not in the right place...very hard to describe. I tried for 2 weeks to play that guitar..just was not like the others, so i got rid of it. The new Carvin CT models SAY the specs should be the same as any Jackson soloist or LP standard.
Does anyone have a Carvin CT and a Jackson or LP. Can you measure the string spacing between them. Probably the distance from the high and low E strings to the end of the fretboard is most important, and the distance between each string. If you can't measure, do you feel any difference going back and forth between guitars?
I asked this question on the Carvin board and got no responces. Figured I try her, before I wasted money and time. Thanks for any help on this.