Clear all

Tone Knobs not working

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@abeidson)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I just bought a used electric for a fairly good price.. I noticed that the tone knobs are bad though (both of them) and was wondering how hard is it to fix/ replace these? One turns and just keeps turning and I have checked it with out the knob on so I know it is a bad switch.. the other turns and stops but then slowly rotates back to 0 on its own.. again I have taken the knob off and had the same results. Any suggestions would be great thanks.

I wanna Rock N Roll all night... Ahh who am I kidding I'll be in bed at 9 pm....

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

They cost about $5 each and are easy to replace if you can solder. If you have a shop do it, it could be around $30 with labor.

Look inside and see what they are and get the same replacement.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@abeidson)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Nils.. I just wanted to know before I started disassembling my guitar the local shop wanted almost 60 bucks for the job.. if all it is is buying the control and soldering that is a piece of cake.

I wanna Rock N Roll all night... Ahh who am I kidding I'll be in bed at 9 pm....

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Just make sure you match the value. If they are 250's use 250's etc. So you are not surprised by tone changes.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote