Clear all

tuning peg buzz?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@sally45)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hey everyone, last year I just bought a new acoustic/electric and recently whenever I play the 6th and 5th strings i hear this odd buzzing/rattling noise. I'm pretty positive it's not in relation to anything along the neck of the guitar...it almost sounds as if the noise is comming from the tuners.

could this be? and if so....how can I fix it!?

any advice would be a ton of help...or if my description of the problem was to vauge i'd be happy to elaborate more

thanks!

(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Hey everyone, last year I just bought a new acoustic/electric and recently whenever I play the 6th and 5th strings i hear this odd buzzing/rattling noise.

Here's some help in how to track down the source of a buzz or a rattle....

http://www.frets.com/FRETSPages/Luthier/Technique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzintro.html

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@sally45)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

...thanks for the site! I tried a couple of things it suggested and now the buzzing is gone! amazing eh?

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

...thanks for the site! I tried a couple of things it suggested and now the buzzing is gone! amazing eh?

Glad I could help :D

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote