Notifications
Clear all

Weird buzzing...

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@blackblade)
Topic starter  

Hey, I'm new to the board and I need some help with my guitar (obviously). Anyway, I have a Burns Brian May Signature and refuses to stop buzzing. I've set the action higher, I've had a fret job done, adjusted the neck, and the guitar plays good when it's hooked up to an amp. I've tried everything, so does any one know what might be the problem?

(@dayzd)
Estimable Member

Possibly a problem with the amps grounding or the jack in your guitar. Or in my case a cheap cable. What sorta buzzing is it? Is it coming from the amp or are u sure its coming from the guitar?

Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung

-----------------------

<--=-.._DayZd_..-=-->

ReplyQuote
(@jonnyt)
Reputable Member

Yeah... when and where is it buzzing? You say it is buzzing despite changes you have made, yet you say it sounds good plugged into the amp. So I'm a little confused.

E doesn't = MC2, E = Fb

Music "Theory"? "It's not just a theory, it's the way it is!"

Jonny T.

ReplyQuote
(@blackblade)
Topic starter  

Ok, ignore what I said about the amp, it's the guitar.

It's nothing electrical, it's the guitar itself.

The "buzzing" is as if the action is too low, but it's not. Or maybe the frets. Nevermind

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Try going through the steps for "basic setup" on my page linked below just to see if any of the adjustments are out. No need to do any of the adjustments yet.

This will rule out the setup if it checks out.

It may be as simple as something like the jack or tuning posts or something else loose so try checking all screws and nuts to make sure they are snug (do not over tighten anything).

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote