Notifications
Clear all

Wireless Sysytem Question

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@simperfections)
Topic starter  

Im want to buy a wireless for my guitar because my cord is a giant. I was wondering if anyone new if they had inputs in them for effects so then it can all go in to the guitar Input, it would be like the way you would hook it up if you used a cord. Let me know :?: :?:

(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Think of the radio transmitter replacing the jack plug into your guitar and the receiver replacing the jack plug into your effects - the radio signal replaces the cable. Otherwise everything remains the same, with the exception of a slight loss of quality.
There is a discussion on this here

https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6872&highlight=radio+digital+analogue+frequency

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Both the guitar player and the bass player in the local band I do "road" crew work and video for use wireless. IF you go for wireless you want UHF and definately do not be cheap about it. I have yet to see them have major problems with it and it's cool to watch them wander onto the dance floor and into the crowd while playing. Great way to get he crowd into what you are doing. Side note: keeping your cables on hand just in case is a good idea. :)

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Here's a couple of ways to hook up a wireless.

1. Guitar-> Transmitter->ø¤º°`°º¤ø-> Receiver-> Effects/pedals-> Amplifier.

2. Guitar-> Transmitter->ø¤º°`°º¤ø-> Receiver-> Amp.
Effects looped into the amplifiers effects loop.

3. Guitar-> Transmitter->ø¤º°`°º¤ø-> Receiver-> EQ-> Preamp or pedals-> EQ-> Amplifier.

Hope this helps

joe

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

I like your radio waves, "ø¤º°`°º¤ø."

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Thanks, adds a little flare anyway.

joe

ReplyQuote