Clear all

A couple more videos...

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Added a couple more videos to my youtube channel. this time, instead of covers, I've added original songs - To Be Continued - that's my way of saying thanks to David Hodge for all the help and encouragement over the past five years. The other song, This Girl was my take on the first assignment I set as SSG mod.

Hopefully, I'm going to add some more songs in the next few days.

Hope you like these, and of course, as always, all feedback appreciated - I want to know what I'm doing wrong as well as what I'm doing right!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 23/05/2009 9:46 pm
(@jase36)
Reputable Member

Sometimes its difficult hearing originals for the first time as you often need a few listens to get into a song but both your tunes are instantly catchy. I could imagine "to be continued" being done by a group like Thunder as a quieter ballad. You sing well and seem very relaxed doing it. Your playing on "this girl" could almost be a demonstration on spicing up a 4 chord song.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jase67electric

Posted : 23/05/2009 10:13 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Thanks, Jase, I have to laugh at this...." Your playing on "this girl" could almost be a demonstration on spicing up a 4 chord song." That was pretty much what was I was asking the SSG contributors/writers to do that very first week I took charge - write a song around G, Em C and D in the key of your choice, but try and add a little variation in the chorus! Or something like that, anyway....

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 23/05/2009 11:04 pm
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Vic hey

I really enjoyed this a hell of a lot ,

This girl is mine is a great song ...

Thanks for posting mate , notice I didn't mention hair cut once then ...
Dam I mentioned it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great playing my friend and I love listening to you sing

Cheers
Trev... :note2:

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 24/05/2009 9:24 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

LOL, thanks Trev....
Thanks for posting mate , notice I didn't mention hair cut once then ...

I actually had a hair cut about a week after those vids were made - but it's back to roughly the same length now. Gotta keep the Status Quo, haven't you?

Vic

Posted : 24/05/2009 10:35 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

When i practice i run through scales, or new licks, and i do forget that i learned the guitar to write good songs ( something i never ever done).

this is a wake up call for me.
both songs are very good, This girl especially i liked.
i thoroughly enjoyed listening to them and i probably will again. post some more.

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 26/05/2009 6:51 pm
(@chasembrown)
Trusted Member

Nice smooth playing...that tele is amazing!

http://www.myspace.com/chasembrown
http://www.myspace.com/senselessbeats

Posted : 27/05/2009 5:07 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Nice songs Vic. I also like 'The girl' especially but both songs are good. 'This girl' is a perfect example of 'easy song' but it maintains a very attractive sounds.

Tele forever! 8)

Posted : 27/05/2009 3:16 pm