Clear all

A Horse With No Name, America 1971

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@rene-a)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

"A Horse with No Name" is a song by the folk rock band America, written by Dewey Bunnell. It was the band's first and most successful single, released in late 1971. Dewey Bunnell wanted to capture the sensation of the hot, dry desert, as he remembered his childhood travels through the Arizona and New Mexico desert when his family lived at Vandenberg Air Force Base. Bunnell has explained that "A Horse with No Name" was "a metaphor for a vehicle to get away from life's confusion into a quiet, peaceful place".

In the midst of life's confusion, the solace and joy of old friends and beautiful memories always transport people to a state of peaceful bliss!!!

Feedback is much appreciated. Thank you.
https://youtu.be/e-Xrl6E6KYo

Posted : 07/02/2023 10:54 pm
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin

Thanks Rene. You've posted some good covers recently. I haven't had a chance to comment on each of them. I especially like this solo arrangement of Horse With No Name. You mixed in the solo section really well.

The song's meaning always confused me. And I always thought the lyric was "I've been through the desert on a horse with no name..." That makes a bit more sense to me.

Guitar Noises Newsletter

Posted : 07/02/2023 11:09 pm