Notifications
Clear all

A tune idea of mine..

12 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@hero132)
Topic starter

I've never written a complete song or tune but about once a month I come up with an idea and put it down on my hard disc. This is last month's...

http://www.mediacreators.co.uk/music/glassoginonfriday4march.mp3

Comments are welcome :)

Posted : 03/04/2005 11:18 am
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Nice Improv! :) Pretty cool..

Stairway to Freebird!

Posted : 03/04/2005 7:55 pm
(@hero132)
Topic starter

Thanks, yoyo,

I've been playing a long time but never developed the discipline to actually put whole tunes together. I hope to go through a lot of the guitarnoise site and see if I can learn a bit of theory and see if I can get a few tunes down. I have stacks of gear and software. So I 'd better do something worthwhile with it or I might as well sell it. That piece was played on an Aria Pro II Cardinal Series 350 into a JoeMeek VC3Q into my PC then the effects were done in CEP.

Posted : 04/04/2005 4:38 am
(@hero132)
Topic starter

Er, I said "comments welcome".

They don't have to say "Wow!"

Posted : 04/04/2005 7:34 pm
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

I'll bump it for ya... 8)

Stairway to Freebird!

Posted : 07/04/2005 1:13 am
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

BTW exectly how long have you played? I've been playing for about two years(but just screwing around, not really paying attention to improving) but I really started working hard about seven months ago, and have been taking lessons for about a month and a half. If you would, listen to my horrible take on Little Wing. :( I need some help recording, because I play pretty good, and then when I decide to record, I get nervous and suck. :(

Stairway to Freebird!

Posted : 07/04/2005 1:18 am
(@hero132)
Topic starter

I used to play a lot many years ago. Then I gave it up for 20 years. A couple of years ago I decided to return to playing. I bought an Aria Excel but then found out about Matsumoku guitars and now have about half a dozen of them, including a PE-R80. I've never had a lesson and I'm too indisciplined to practise properly. What I would love to do is play small gigs or maybe, when I know enough about jazz, sit in the back and strum a few chords for big band tunes. I record onto PC through a JoeMeek VC3Q preamp and often put reverb and echo on in software. I've not tried anything more than getting ideas down. I really ought to. You get nervous? I think I remember that. I usually do a heck of a lot of takes. I just play my idea loads and loads of times until I get a take I like. Whether anybody else likes them? ... doesn't look like it!

Posted : 07/04/2005 4:43 am
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Nice. I really like your solo style. Very natural flow.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

Posted : 07/04/2005 4:54 am
(@hero132)
Topic starter

A natural flow is what I've always strived for. Guess who my first guitar hero was? Santana.

Posted : 07/04/2005 5:38 am
(@alexduller)
Trusted Member

Very nice sound you got there.....your improvising sounds a little like Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler- nice and free flowing as previously said...btw, what kind of things do you tend to use when you improvise? i.e types of scales etc.

Alex

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5328/guitarsig6bw.gif

Posted : 10/04/2005 7:00 pm
(@dayzd)
Estimable Member

Excuse me while I go die...

Man you owned me...I wish I could play lead like you...

Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung

-----------------------

<--=-.._DayZd_..-=-->

Posted : 16/04/2005 9:43 pm
(@muchavo)
Estimable Member

that sounds cool, could you post a clip w/ out the effects?

It must be getting early, clocks are running late....

Paint by number morning sky looks so phony....

Dawn is breaking everywhere light a candle, curse the glare....

Draw the curtains, I don't care 'cause it's all right....

Posted : 27/04/2005 1:03 am