Clear all

Alfreds Beginners Piano Volume 1 Part 1

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Yeah, I know this isn't guitar music, so if it's not cool to post then let me know and I won't post anymore.

I just thought I'd share my dual instrument learning etc. I haven't touched my keyboard in a couple months at all, so I went through the "C" Position of the Alfreds Adult All-In-One Course Volume One. This is only the first part of the "C" Position, which is the position in which both hands start on the C Key, the right hand on Middle C, the left hand one octave lower.

There is mistakes and all here, but not as many mistakes as I thought at first. I'm trying to practice the keyboard at least 30 minutes a day, but it's pretty tough to find the time, the guitar is the first love so to speak.

Hope you find this bearable :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp7agoU5Gm4

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 19/05/2009 6:55 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I don't think I could handle learning two instruments at the same time. Way to go.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 20/05/2009 10:14 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I wrote a small comment in YouTube, I didn't visit this forum lately (busy at work).

Joe, I think you are working correctly. I think I already told you. Guitars and now keyboard. Some songs and melodies are easy but other aren't. The hand coordination (or de-coordination or whatever English word be used here) is not easy even with the most simple melody.

The method also seems very good. When I started with the keyboard I used a very bad method and some advices by a colleague at work that has some studies in the conservatory.

Congratulations sir! :D

Posted : 27/05/2009 3:22 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks guys! It's been kind of an interesting experience to play because I'm finding myself applying alot of guitar knowledge over to the piano.

I use the method books as well as big not books so that I can play stuff that I enjoy and not always Twinkle Twinkle Little Star :lol:

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 28/05/2009 2:55 am