Another Day in Paradise - Phil Collins

11 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Love the tune although depressing.

Sorry I've not been posting for a while, been crazy crazy busy.....BUT....I've managed to acheive a couple things on the guitar that I had tons of problems with (C chord with a barre for one like x54232)....and put together a Phil Collins arrangement....not mine...don't even know who did it....but after re-arranging alot of this version I think it came out okay!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSyH350bCUc

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 22/01/2011 10:47 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

What a great arrangement. You make this sort of playing look so easy now Joe - nice one!

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 30/01/2011 12:40 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks Al!

This song was quite easy to play, I admit. Took me about 2 days of maybe an hour of practice to get it. The hardest part was the bridge and the bass notes because there had to be some sort of independence there.

Posted : 31/01/2011 2:09 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

When i made that comment joe i didnt mean i thought it was easy. I cant play that way at all, i just meant you make it look effortless. To me it looks so hard and like there is so much to memorise as well.

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 31/01/2011 5:58 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Oh I know. I was just saying that,it was easy to play lol. Alot of repitition. It was actually longer, but the repitition made it so boring to play I cut alot out lol.

Posted : 31/01/2011 6:22 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Nicely done, again, Joe. Your playing and tone is always pleasing to listen to. :D

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 01/02/2011 11:26 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks Roy, I appreciate your comment!

Posted : 01/02/2011 11:30 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Man, Joe.

You rock, bud.

That was amazing. :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 06/02/2011 4:03 pm
(@liontable)
Estimable Member

It really sounds so smooth and natural, loved it!

Posted : 07/02/2011 1:46 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

That was real nice Joe! I need to do some stuff in that style .... and that way I keep my mouth closed. :lol: Keep em coming!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 07/02/2011 3:02 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

That was real nice Joe! I need to do some stuff in that style .... and that way I keep my mouth closed. :lol: Keep em coming!

That double post was NOT my fault!!!!!! :lol: Must be something wrong with the site ... yeah thats what it was. :oops:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 07/02/2011 3:04 pm