Bare Necessities and A Whole New World

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@kroikey)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Hey,
I bought the Disney book last weekend, and heres my effort with Bare Necessities so far. Shame I couldnt use my acoustic, otherwise it'd be cleaner at speed, but I played it slowly first to demonstrate my understanding of it before spoiling it with muddy speed lol. After the two versions is also Better Together by Jack Johnson, although I've refrained from singing on it...for now! :D

I hope you enjoy!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903342

Posted : 06/07/2010 6:08 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

You must work some parts but it was really impressive!

Congrats! :D

I should bought that Disney book as well, the songs seems very cool...

Posted : 10/07/2010 9:02 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

It's a very cool rendition, and great job again! Look forward to hearing more!

Nuno....buy the book! :P

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 11/07/2010 9:34 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Cool piece, Kroiky. It seemed lots more in time as you picked up speed closer to the original. It's tough to slow a song down. I can't do it to save my skin.

Good job!

8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 12/07/2010 4:04 pm
(@kroikey)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Thanks, I've began learning Aladdins - A Whole New World while I keep practicing Bare. I'm 80% through it now, but some parts are giving me jip! lol. Thats exactly what I want though, difficult pieces in songs to keep me moving forwards. I think this Aladdin song is very relaxing to play, where the Bare Necessities is quite a rush.

I'll get this one down then rerecord them both and let you guys have a listen. I'll mic up the acoustic too, so it sounds as good as it can instead of me using an electric and getting annoyed by the pickups.

The last one I'll learn from this book is "You've Got A Friend in Me" because it sounds pretty cool, and I think I could fingerpick it once, then break into a strumming version and get some singing in on the act, then back to finish fingerstyle. It sounds like a plan!

If only I'd not put my back out on Sunday I'd be able to spend more time on it. Its probably going to be a few days before I can pickup the guitar again unfortunately.

Posted : 13/07/2010 6:37 am
(@kroikey)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Updated my page with the new versions of Bare and A Whole New World.
I'd appreciate comments from anyone whos struggled in this finger mangling process!

Posted : 19/07/2010 7:43 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Can't wait to listen to what you've done. Can't listen from my mobile browser, I can't strem soundclick. I'll listen when I get into work.

EDIT: Very nice job on both of them! Makes me want to go back to that book and learn some more songs! Keep it up!!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 19/07/2010 9:49 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Very smooth. Well done!

Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Posted : 20/07/2010 8:58 am