81 Users
0 Likes
270.9 K Views
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Hey Isabelle,

Congratulations.

Welcome Pierre - now you can see where all the noise was coming from... :roll:

Makes me feel like recording a song for the little fella - watch this space...

Rock a boy baby!

D 8)
x

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

Posted : 18/06/2008 2:09 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Congratulations Isabelle!

:D :D :D

Posted : 18/06/2008 4:04 pm
(@jackss565)
Reputable Member

Congratulations Isabelle!

Posted : 18/06/2008 4:52 pm
(@clau20)
Reputable Member

Congrats Isa! :D

I'm proud to share my birthday with your son Pierre! :)

And I hope he'll get his first guitar before his 18th birthday like I had :wink:

" First time I heard the music
I thought it was my own
I could feel it in my heartbeat
I could feel it in my bones
... Blame it on the love of Rock'n'Roll! "

Posted : 19/06/2008 1:36 am
(@simonsays)
Estimable Member

Hey there Isabelle, thanks for sharing your fantastic news with us. Many congratulations :D

Looks like you need a new avatar picture :mrgreen:

Simon

ps. 8 lbs 13oz Wow, a big boy!

There are too many songs that have an 'F' chord in them.

Posted : 19/06/2008 4:28 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Congrats!!! I hope that he embraces all that noise and you will soon have a 3 piece band all built in!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 20/06/2008 3:59 am
(@jenny-b)
Estimable Member

:roll: Well its been a bit quiet in here lately so..
I've been trying to do the lesson 'You are my sunshine' with the walking bass lines. Well I've been trying to post a version where I could actually play it without fluffing it, but it didn't happen, and, well, I got frustrated... well I thought some of you might get a laugh out of this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR_vVvgC0uM
Yes, I broke my pick.. thats what I get for losing the head! :oops:

Posted : 02/07/2008 1:40 pm
(@jenny-b)
Estimable Member

:x Don't slag off the hair, its the bane of my life.. I chopped it all off one day in a fit of frustration (sound familiar??) but for about a year everyone thought I was a boy :oops:
You know, half the reason that was so bad - well some of the reason anyway! - is because I never use a pick normally, but the sound was so bad on my webcam that I used a pick to make it louder.. next time I'll use the fingers and keep it quiet, its better if you can't really hear it anyway! I just need to grow those fingernails :?

Posted : 02/07/2008 2:03 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

(note to self.......never anger Jenny) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That's alright. I can't finger pick. :roll:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 02/07/2008 2:56 pm
(@stellabloo)
Estimable Member

IZZY!!! CONGRATS!!! Look at you glow in your video :D
... only problem is that the message board didn't let me know there were updates in this thred, so I am woefully late with the best wishes, but you are going to have so much fun with two little boys! (plus no need to wonder how you're going to get your figure back :lol: - you will be RUNNING)

And Jenny, the guys are too polite to say it but you look like a Wild Irish Rose - that's a compliment BTW :lol: By the time you're as old and wrinkly as me, your technique will have LONG since been perfected and I will be going by with my walker :roll:

Hey, I did upload another video and I will put the link in the VIRTUAL BUSKING thred because it's another original .... Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!!! (nothing worse than struggling thru the whole writing process, going thru weeks of rehearsal to get a decent take and then having no one care :twisted: )

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's really all about?

~ why yes, I am available on youtube ~
http://www.youtube.com/stellabloo

Posted : 02/07/2008 4:06 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

explosive ending there jenny. it was a good release of tension. I believe you held your self in tension when playing.
were you able to play it better aftwerwards? I bet so.
when I began playing, or doing anything new for that matter, I am aware that I become hyper aware of everything. once I become more familiar I can relax. everything comes out much better then. It's normal I believe.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 02/07/2008 4:21 pm
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

explosive ending there jenny. it was a good release of tension. I believe you held your self in tension when playing.
were you able to play it better aftwerwards? I bet so.
when I began playing, or doing anything new for that matter, I am aware that I become hyper aware of everything. once I become more familiar I can relax. everything comes out much better then. It's normal I believe.
I thought for a second that she was going to break into some 80's Glam Rock, what with the big..............oops, I shouldn't mention the "h" word, should I? :oops: :oops:

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 02/07/2008 4:52 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Jenny, your walking bass lines are very good. Probably you need to practice the chord changes to perform them more smoothly. Anyway, I think you have improved a lot since your last video!

Congrats! :D

Posted : 02/07/2008 4:58 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

:roll: Well its been a bit quiet in here lately so..
Yeh, OK, you took care of that problem.
I was sipping my wine cooler enjoying "You Are My Sunshine" when your guitar exploded.
I didn't know the Sunshine was going to so abruptly turn into a thunderstorm :shock: .

After wiping down the screen from spewing my drink all over my laptop, I thought I'd post my "Welcome back, Jenny post".
Welcome back, Jenny. Long time no hear or see.
And Jenny, the guys are too polite to say it but you look like a Wild Irish Rose - that's a compliment BTW
Aye, and a fine looking lass she is. A Wild Irish Rose with a fine Wild Irish temper. Makes a young man's blood boil - as I recall.
Anyway, I think you have improved a lot since your last video!
Congrats! :D
Yes, I agree. And nice looking fingers too. (These girls just flaunt their fingers nowadays :shock: )

Thanks for the video, Jen
You are my sunshine (but am now aware of the sudden weather changes in Ireland)

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 02/07/2008 5:20 pm
(@jenny-b)
Estimable Member

I thought for a second that she was going to break into some 80's Glam Rock, what with the big..............oops, I shouldn't mention the "h" word, should I?

hee hee, like these guys you mean.. check out the guy at 1min11secs.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkbdP7sq0w8 if I was a man I would DEFINITELY grow hair and a beard like that.. kinda like yours Derekslide! I liked your piece but I don't know the original to compare it to, it sounded very mellow and sweet though. :D

Thanks Stella, however I think that even when I'm 90 I'll still be struggling with the guitar.. I don't mind though I'm enjoying it all the same! As for Irish Rose - I think thats an English rose you're thinking of - we're more like, well brambles or bogweed or something.. :twisted:

Glad to see you escaped from that dungeon Kenrogers.. sorry about the soggy laptop.. you're right about the weather though, it has a direct effect on my playing - if its been pouring down (as it has the last few days) and I don't get outside to play (n the non-guitar sense) things get very tense indeed! So afterwards the skies cleared, and I hammered around the roads for a couple of hours, and could play much better after.. that doesn't make for such an interesting video though does it! :wink:

Posted : 03/07/2008 9:52 am
Page 34 / 73