Beginner's videos

1,082 Posts
81 Users
0 Likes
271 K Views
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

I agree - annoyingly good....Grrrrrrrr

Hey Simon, what was that video link you posted? Must be something dodgy as it wasn't available for viewing in my country? :roll:

Rockon!

D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

Posted : 24/07/2008 1:57 pm
(@simonsays)
Estimable Member

I agree - annoyingly good....Grrrrrrrr

Hey Simon, what was that video link you posted? Must be something dodgy as it wasn't available for viewing in my country? :roll:

Rockon!

D 8)

It was a recording of the Eagles playing a fantastic live acoustic version of Hotel California, plenty of other versions of this video out there in youtube land.

Cheers,
Simon

There are too many songs that have an 'F' chord in them.

Posted : 24/07/2008 4:59 pm
(@simonsays)
Estimable Member

Ok Simon. You get started on the intro :mrgreen:

Thats some intro isnt it? All we need is a 6 string acoustic, a nylon strung classical, a 12 string capo'ed at the seventh and some tom toms :shock:

maybe some day :roll:

Simon

ps. Love the new avatar 8)

Posted : 24/07/2008 5:03 pm
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Thats some intro isnt it? All we need is a 6 string acoustic, a nylon strung classical, a 12 string capo'ed at the seventh and some tom toms :shock:

maybe some day :roll:

Simon

Sounds like a good project to work on. Beginners collaboration - Dylan, Jenny & co. you're in! Of course, it will take us years to get it vaguely right, and we'll no longer be beginners by then (hopefully)... :x
ps. Love the new avatar 8)

Thanks. The purple hair, the barre chord... Very rock'n'roll, isn't it :twisted:

Next time, I'll show you my tattoos.

Posted : 24/07/2008 5:23 pm
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Sounds like a good project to work on. Beginners collaboration - Dylan, Jenny & co. you're in! Of course, it will take us years to get it vaguely right, and we'll no longer be beginners by then (hopefully)... :x

Hey, count me in - I need to show off my new capo anyways... :D

Need some kind of structure here though - a musical director of some sort - any thoughts...or takers?

Isabelle - yeh, you are getting very rock n roll - can't wait to see the tattoos... :twisted:
If you're surprised that Ken hasn't posted some voyeuristic commented about that offer, fear not - he's not been confined to the dungeon again - he's on holiday! :wink: But he'll be back, oh yes, he will be back.

Rock on down that dark desert highway...

D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

Posted : 25/07/2008 9:30 pm
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

The purple hair is part of my '100 things to do before you're 30' early mid-life crisis. With only a couple of months to go, I thought I'd better get cracking. Any thoughts for the next 99 on the list? I'm talking achievable things, here. "Learn Stairway to Heaven solo" is not an option :evil:

Right... so, I have a nylon classical. It's half size though, and it has no high E string (I tried restringing it twice, and twice the high E broke, so I gave up in the end). So we need a volunteer to play notes on the E :mrgreen:

Simon, you have a 12-string, right?

Dylan, 6 string acoustic. Yeah, bow-ring :roll: :lol: Just slam your capo on a random fret to make it more interesting.

Any takers for the tomtoms?

Ooooh, this should be good.

Posted : 27/07/2008 3:12 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

The purple is cool. I dig it. As for the other 99 things to do before the age 30 mid-life crisis, I think it'd be a really fun topic for the Opinions and Polls section. Heck, many of us have been through the 40-ish mid-life crisis already. We can offer loads of advice. :)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 27/07/2008 4:27 pm
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Haha, I would Roy, but I wouldn't want to be accused of going off topic :roll:

Posted : 27/07/2008 7:35 pm
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Hey all,

For the sake of getting back onto the topic (although I certainly would like to get a list of things to do before you die like swimming with Marilyn Monroe or taking a trip around Saturn - I probably couldn't afford the drugs anyways) :roll:

A few thoughts on Hotel California - the cool guitar solo at the end seems to be broken into three sections, so maybe Claudine, Nuno, Slowhand, Peejay.... What about asking Ignar if he would work with some amateurs and help put it together...?

Ken on the tom toms... :lol:

I'll audition for the singing part, but everyone welcome - of course... guest appearance by our very own virtual busker, Stella...

Could be a lot of fun :?

Rock on!

D 8)

Posted : 28/07/2008 9:19 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Hey Dylan!

I agree, it could be a lot of fun! :D

But I don't know if it is the best solo to start... Some time ago I tried to play it but when I saw this video I thought it was better if I wait for three or four years more... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJeBfcpT3HE

Posted : 28/07/2008 9:44 am
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

:lol: - yeh, Don Henley meets Jimi Hendrix...

C'mon, where's your sense of adventure - don't forget you only need to play a section. You choose the easy part and let the others fight over the leftovers... :wink:

Anyways, this is just one track - aren't we supposed to be covering the whole album?

Rock on in the fast lane...

D 8)

Posted : 28/07/2008 12:56 pm
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Are we really doing this? :shock:

Posted : 28/07/2008 1:27 pm
(@simonsays)
Estimable Member

Are we really doing this? :shock:

Dont look so shocked, it was your idea :mrgreen:

I can play a VERY basic intro and then cheerfully go on to strum the verse/chorus either on a 6 or a 12 string (The barres aint easy on my 12 :roll: )
As I understand it, playing with a capo on the 7th involves a whole new chord sequence.

We'd need someone who could mix the audio tracks (video too??) I wouldnt know where to begin :(

Not impossible but not easy either.

Cheers,
Simon

Posted : 28/07/2008 4:43 pm
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I thought I had posted this one - obviously not. From the day the avatar pic was taken - so you can see The Hair In Action.

Still picking away.

Latest progress on the chord changes

Struggling with the chorus now, D to F# now THAT should be banned.

Posted : 29/07/2008 8:57 am
(@jenny-b)
Estimable Member

thats deadly Isabelle.. hair is really cool.. dunno tho does it clash with the guitar? :lol:
Don't think I can help with the collaboration.. I'll be the groupie.. or the gogo girl :roll: look forward to hearing it!

Are you just picking random strings or have you worked out a pattern? I really like it. :mrgreen: (green with envy)

Posted : 29/07/2008 10:05 am
Page 38 / 73