Skip to content
Blood On Your Hands...

Notifications
Clear all

Blood On Your Hands (#25 on Soundclick!!!)

10 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/viclewis_music.htm

This is something I wrote in a "Dylan" frame of mind...it was written this wednesday for this week's Sunday Songwriter's Group assignment, played around with it thursday, recorded it today....in my hotel bedroom, using the mic built in to my web-cam....so don't expect high quality, this is just a one-take first demo version....

But I'm quite pleased with the song, first decent thing I've written for weeks and weeks....anyway, give it a listen, see what you think....

PS...the guitar is the "Mystery Guitar" I bought off Nick (see Guitar Player's Discussion Forum for more info and pics)....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 09/07/2005 2:16 am
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait till you get a proper recording of this one..... it's a GEM!!!

DubyaXYZ!!!

You did a GREAT job all around lyrics and guitar.

Posted : 09/07/2005 2:20 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

AARGH!!! I knew there was something I forgot....OK, link added, scroll up to the top....

:oops:

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 09/07/2005 2:22 am
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

You plagerist! I swear that's a Dylan song!!! :lol:

Excellent work man!! If it was mic'd a bit better (not blaming you) it could be a real hit! Again, exellent work! :D

Stairway to Freebird!

Posted : 09/07/2005 3:15 am
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Cool Vic.

I can definitly hear the Dylan influence in your song. Very catchy, good rhythm (guitar and vocals), well done.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

Posted : 09/07/2005 4:44 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

THANKS to everyone who took the time to listen, comment etc....this is now (Sunday) #25 0n the Soundclick folk/rock chart...

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Vic

Posted : 10/07/2005 4:53 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Dude, you rock! That's a great tune. Sounds real good for what you used to record it. Nice guitar and vocals. The lyrics are great. Can't wait to hear the studio version!! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 11/07/2005 2:24 am
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

Vic

I loved it too.

Catchy, felt like i had heard it before somewhere.

Come on, post the chords :wink:
And the lyric :wink:

Well done mate, really excellent, as a definite Dylan fan I can safely say this is one of the best tracks i have heard from a forum member, particularly an original.

Go on, release it. The time is right.

Matt

Posted : 11/07/2005 11:25 am
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

14 now!!! :D :D

Dangit, I can't vote for some reason!!! :evil: :evil:

Stairway to Freebird!

Posted : 11/07/2005 3:44 pm
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

Come on, let's vote Vic Number One!!!!!!!

Matt

Posted : 11/07/2005 3:46 pm